Thursday, May 12, 2005

Revenge of the Sith

I'm not actually a Star Wars fan. I did attend the first ever showing, but its appeal wained quite quickly. I've never really been a fan of the comic books, or any of the associated paraphernalia.

What put me off early on was Alex Guiness. He considered the film beneath him. Yet I thought he was crap. I don't think he could act at all, in fact he was worse even than Laurence Olivier (his Othello has to be seen to be believed). He's okay in The Ladykillers, but none of the Ealing comedies of that period was less than brilliant, so I reckon that's being good by association. The totally brilliant Peter Sellers starred alongside Guiness in The Ladykillers and to my mind he was a far superior actor. Not only that, but I think he was the funniest comedian of all time, streets ahead of that affected, bullying, drone Peter Cook.

Anyhoo, a horny Yoda, yuckerooney.

No comments: