Saturday, March 16, 2019

Staggering out of a Fog

I do feel like that every so often, like I'm staggering out of a fog into a slowly brightening day. I'm sure it will be a familiar feeling to some of you.  What's helped this time is understanding that by imagining I can do everything I've planned to do, in a rigid kind of way, that if the first part of that isn't done, then nothing gets done.  And the problem is, in the work I do, 'staring into space' can be a big part of the work. However, when you let it become the main part of the work, you're basically a cat. 

So, this coming week, I'll get round to looking at this manga, 'Happiness', by Oshimi Shuuzou.  It was my intention to do it some time back, so it's not a new title, but its one I enjoyed. It's a seinen title, in both senses, and a vampire tale that owns more than a little to Swedish writer John Ajvide Lindqvist's 'Let the Right One In'. The book, if you haven't read it, is more subversive than the movie.






No comments: