There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Bee-man Book, Latest Update.

This is purely technical and it will only interest the most anal amongst you - which is just about every arty-type; although we all like to dress it up as 'perfectionism'. Actually, it's handy reminder that it isn't over, until it's over.


The 'finished' book, had to be looked over for spelling mistakes, bad grammar (I've adapted the story in parts and edited it to suit a comic book format) and squashed lettering.


I then added white borders around 1/4" to all the white background pages, which was challenging when the pages were 'off-centre' and then reduced the page sizes back down to size.


Following that exercise, I had to go over all the pages where any faint ruling lines appeared after the formatting.


Then, once everything seemed to be done, I printed out my mini-book, a tiny copy of the book itself, so I could be sure the thing worked - which lead me to add more end papers and a new page of drawings.


The result is that the opening page is now correctly facing the reader, and the page count balances. And, you won't believe this, but I just noticed a real problem, that I didn't notice until the thing was in my hands. I've made a screen shot to let you see what it is:





I've got a rogue page, and a double-page at that, this could be hours of work because the double- pages have to be placed properly or they'll be on two sides of the same page. Still, it has to be done. As I said, it isn't over until it's over.


Anyway, although the book is in black and white, and half-tone (shades of gray), I do have a few pages that I coloured - just so I'd know what a colour version would look like.


No comments: