Thursday, June 11, 2009

True Story, Swear to Blog.

This actually happened, except that part of it didn't. It was a rugby night, we were playing the Welsh, and my cousin and I eventually wound up on Lothian Road in search of a good Brandy (VSOP). We did get locked in the cinema and the owner had to set us free.

It's a story that sounds like it should be exciting, but I think you really had to be there because getting locked in a movie theatre after a horror fest really has to be experienced.

Oh yeah, cut us some slack, neither of us has smoked for many years but in 1981 everybody smoked. Ach, you know...sometimes I still think about having a puff, and I gave up for good about 12 years ago.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are well and drawing again.

Rod McKie said...

Why thank you. I'm well over that episode, but I am finding it difficult to motivate myself.

Mike Lynch said...

A great look back on what it was like to be a kid. I love the dialogue between these guys, churning up as much imagined drama as they can. The fact that these two are real mates shows through. Thanks for this, Rod.

Rod McKie said...

Hey Mike,

thank you very much, you are, as always, too kind.